Our Company and Culture: Growers is a precision agriculture and data analytics company, headquartered near Raleigh, NC. We help farmers across the country turn their farm data into recommendations that deliver higher yields, at lower cost, with less resources. Our culture thrives on innovation, responsibility, and service.
Position Summary: As the Controller, you will play a key role in the financial management of the company. As the first, full-time finance employee, your work will ensure accurate and timely entry and accounting of financial information and as well as higher-level analysis and reporting to management on budget, monthly and year-end results, and opportunities for improvement. The Controller will learn Growers’ financial aspects by maintaining the books and implementing the necessary financial systems and controls. Over time, the Controller will build and lead the finance team who supports the bookkeeping and routine processes.
- Manage all vendor and billing inquiries, adjustment, and issues
- Maintain Quickbooks journal entries including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
- Process routine payroll, credit, and employee expenses
- Ensure tax compliance
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Complete accurate and timely reporting of company financial information and KPIs
- Oversee budget process and cashflow management and forecasting
- Contribute financial insights to support the achievement of company objectives
- Assist in capital investment decisions and company financing activities
- Financial Systems and Controls
- Document, assess, improve, or install systems and controls for the above
Behavioral Skills: As a key employee in a growing start-up, you must be comfortable with a fast-paced environment and change. The right candidate can both figure out how to get the job done and how the company can build a better process in the future. Throughout, you will strive to:
- Represent Growers’ values of integrity, humility, and team-first mentality
- Adhere to a professional standard of quality and customer service
- Maintain an exceptional degree of organization and diligence in completing tasks
- Communicate effectively with teammates as well as with vendors and customers
- Bachelors Degree in a financial discipline, MBA and/or CPA a plus
- At least 8 years’ experience in financial and accounting roles of increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated experience in implementing finance systems and controls in a fast-growing, small to mid-sized company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Quickbooks
If interested please email cover and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.